Challen (Upright) Model 121
Price: RM21,800.00 (inclusive of GST)
Product Review and Summary
2004 Introduced the completely new and advance models, exclusively designed by the famous German designer, Mr. D. H. Dotzek. These models were 112, 116, 118, 121, 123, 126 and 131 cm in heights.
2005 Introduced the advance v-process system for the production of piano iron frames.
2009 Granted WQC ( World Quality Commitment) INTERNATIONAL STAR AWARD
China (Fujian) Foreign Trade Centre (Holdings) Shanghai Branch proudly present the official launching of Challen
- Product Name: Challen 121
- Performance Rating: Excellent Tone, Touch and Response, German Technology for both the Soundboard and Hammerheads
- Value Rating: Excellent Buy
- Most Suitable For: Intermediate and High Grade Pianists/Serious Pianists considering Live Performances and suitable for all Exam levels (eg; A.B.R.S.M and Trinity College,London,UK). Also great for Jazz pianists.
- Review Date: 25th July 2016
- Weight: 220 kg
- Height: 121 cm
- Width: 149 cm
- Depth: 58 cm
- Keys: 88
- Octaves: The vast majority of major pianos cover a range that spans from A0 to C8; this is equivalent to seven octaves plus a minor third
- Soundboard Frame: 4
- Pedals: 3
- Soundboard: Strunz – made in Germany (Solid Tone Wood)
- Keyboard: Acrylic black and white keys
- Slow Fall: Yes
- Tuning Pins: Nickel Plated
- Strings: Agraffes/Roslau (Germany)
- Piano Action: Renner-Type Action) – Full size direct blow German-designed mechanism
- Hammerhead: Abel Hammer made in Germany
Cross-stringing (sometimes called overstringing) is a method of arranging piano strings inside the case of a piano so that the strings are placed in a vertically overlapping slanted arrangement, with two heights of bridges on the soundboard instead of just one.
Modern upright pianos are underdamped which means that the dampers are located beneath the hammers where they are much more effective than overdampers.
- Finishing: (Colours) Black, Walnut and Mahogany
- Factory Warranty: 6 years
- Stool: Adjustable Stool
- Key Cover: 1 piece
- Castor Cup: 1 set
- Piano Cloth: 1 piece
- Heater: 1 piece
Two Videos on my Analysis of the New Challen Upright Piano Model 121; Sound, Tone, Touch, Response, Soundboard Quality and Overall Feel – A Professional Analysis. A personal guide to the Challen Model 121.
Video 1: Analysis of the New Challen Upright Model 121
Video 2: A Piano Piece I have selected to perform to demonstrate the qualities of the Challen Upright 121
- Beautiful Resonant tone
- Relatively Light Touch and excellent Key Response
- STRUNZ – Solid Tone Wood – German Soundboard makers
- ABEL HAMMER – (Hammerheads) Quality German Technology
- Superb craftsmanship
- Excellent tuning stability
- Variety of finishes and colours
- Excellent value
Advanced, Professional and Aspiring Concert pianists may want to go with the larger series, Challen Upright Model 132 which is an excellent substitute for a real life grand piano if the Challen Grand isn’t an option.
Please take note: If you decide to contact me, I can assure you all an affordable price below what is stated at the top of this article.
A great deal is in store for you!.
If you require me to provide further details on this particular product please feel free to either PM (private message) me on facebook on my Page
You can also Call/Email me at 011 1561 1500 (mobile) and firstname.lastname@example.org (email) – and maybe I could further demonstrate personally for you the New Challen Upright Model 121 and guide you to the dealer’s showroom to view the piano (s) reviewed.
If you require further information drop by my Facebook Online Shop Page –
“The Piano 88 Store” where you may contact or private message me.
Also my Musicians/Band Facebook Page.
Hope to hear from you soon!