Barrat & Robinson (Upright) Model 121
Price: RM 19,900 (inclusive of GST)
Product Review and Summary
The Barrat & Robinson 121 history: The history of the “Barratt & Robinson” pianos first began in 1877 when Barratt & Robinson Ltd. was first founded in that year at York Way, Kings Cross, England.
The Barratt & Robinson pianos since its introduction, became very well known throughout the musical world for its dependability and tone quality that is second to none, which made it a truly magnificent musical instrument to own, and this is best judged by the numerous awards it won since 1878 of which the most illustrous and distinguishly outstanding were the following Gold Awards :
- PARIS – 1878 Gold Medal
- ROTTERDAM 1907 Grand Prix
- ROME 1908 Gold Medal
- MANCHESTER 1910 Gold Medal
- LONDON 1911 Gold Medal
- MANCHESTER 1911 Gold Medal
- ST.PETERSBURG 1911 Gold Medal
- TURIN 1911 Grand Prix
- LONDON 1914 Grand Prix
- NORWICH 1920 Gold Medal
- MADRID 1994 & 1995 – 22nd & 23rd International Trophy for Quality
- BRUSSELS 1995 International Gold Star for Quality
- MADRID 1996 Golden Award for the best Trade Name
- PARIS 1996 10th Golden European Award for Quality
Now more than a century later, the successor to the prestigious name and mark “Barratt & Robinson” continues the tradition that had been laid down by the founders to ensure the quality that has been perpetuated.
To ensure the utmost quality in every product, durability tests are carried out and every piano is personally regulated, checked and fine-tuned to perfection.
Surface finishes of Barratt & Robinson pianos are done with polyester lacquers and polished to a high sheen and are as attractive as they are durable. Resistance to dirt and stains ensure long lasting beauty.
Barratt & Robinson pianos offer the kind of tone and playability that will delight even the most discriminating pianist. The console offer uniform and well balanced keys that are totally responsive to touch. And with sounds that are rich and pleasingly clear.
- Product Name: Barrat & Robinson 121
- Performance Rating: Good tone, Hammerheads designed by Steinberg, Germany
- Value Rating: Excellent Value
- Most Suitable For: Beginners up to Intermediate and High Grade Pianists and suitable for all Exam levels (eg; A.B.R.S.M and Trinity College,London,UK)
- Review Date: 26th July 2016
- Weight:220 kg
- Height: 121 cm
- Width: 149 cm
- Depth: 58 cm
- Keys: 88
- Octaves: 7 and 1 minor third octaves
- Pedals: 3
- Soundboard: Sitka Spruce (Alaskan Spruce) manufactured by Steinberg, Germany
- Hammerhead: Designed by Steinberg, Germany
- Keyboard: Acrylic Black and White Keys
- Soundboard Frame: 4
- Piano Action: (Renner type action) Full size direct blow mechanism designed in Germany
- Slow Fall: Yes
- Tuning Pins: Nickel Plated
- Strings: Roslau (Germany)
- Overstrung and Underdampered
Cross-stringing (sometimes called overstringing) is a method of arranging piano strings inside the case of a piano so that the strings are placed in a vertically overlapping slanted arrangement, with two heights of bridges on the soundboard instead of just one.
Modern upright pianos are underdamped which means that the dampers are located beneath the hammers where they are much more effective than overdampers.
- Finishing: Ebony Black, Walnut and Mahogany
- Factory Warranty: 6 years
- Stool: Adjustable Stool
- Key Cover: 1 piece
- Castor Cup: 1 set
- Piano Cloth: 1 piece
- Heater: 1 piece
Two Videos on my Analysis of the Barrat & Robinson 121; Sound, Tone, Touch, Response, Soundboard Quality and Overall Feel – A Professional Analysis. A personal guide to the Barrat & Robinson 121
Video 1: Analysis of the Barrat & Robinson 121
Video 2: A Piano Piece I have selected to perform to demonstrate the qualities of the Barrat & Robinson 121
This piece is actually my own composition entitled “Di Perjalanan Indah” written for the governmental NGO Pertiwi and it is in the midst of studio production as I speak and will be released soon.
- Beautiful Resonant tone
- Relatively Light Touch and excellent Key Response
- Steinberg – Alaskan Spruce Soundboard
- Steinberg designed hammerheads – Quality German Technology
- Superb craftsmanship
- Excellent tuning stability
- Variety of finishes and colours
- Excellent value
For those heavy handed/fingered pianists perhaps it would be better to go for the Barrat & Robinson 125 model or perhaps a grand piano.
Please take note: If you decide to contact me, I can assure you all an affordable price below what is stated at the top of this article.
A great deal is in store for you!.
If you require me to provide further details on thisparticular product please feel free to either PM (private message) me on facebook on my Page
You can also Call/Email me at 011 1561 1500 (mobile) and email@example.com (email) – and maybe I could further demonstrate personally for you the New Challen Upright Model 121 and guide you to the dealer’s showroom to view the piano (s) reviewed.
If you require further information drop by my Facebook Online Shop Page –
“The Piano 88 Store” where you may contact or private message me.
On my new Twitter Online Shop Page: thepiano88store
Also my Musicians/Band Facebook Page.
Hope to hear from you soon!